2010 Vancouver Olympic Project

Hi I'm looking for classes to participate in a collaborative project learning about and following the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. I have a grade 5&6 class but think the project would work for many different grades. http://2010olympics.wikispaces.com/

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kim,
    How are you? I have a large group of 6th graders who would love to join your 2010 Winter Olympics project. We have Skype ability and dedicated technology time. Please let me know if you are still looking for collaborators.
    Thank you,
    Koren Myette
    • Hi
      I'd love to have your sixth graders join us. The project is beginning to get a very global audience and I think it will be exciting for all of us to work together.

Please send me your email along with your school information and location. I'll create a home page for your students that you can add content to. You can also add your information to the teacher info page.

Thanks for responding and I look forward to working with you,
      Kimberly
      • Hi Kimberly,
        Thanks for letting us join. My email address is koren.myette@whrsd.org.

We are at the Whitman Middle School in Whitman, Massachusetts. We are one of 7 schools in the Whitman-Hanson Regional School Distict. Our schools has just under 600 students and we are interested in advancing our students 21st Century Skills. We are able to start as soon as you give us the go ahead. We are all very excited!
        Koren Myette
  • Hi Kimberly: We are doing a show on Feb. 11th with our 3rd grades at our school called "Winter Games", a tribute to the Vancouver Olympics. We'd love to share or collaborate with you. Our kids are going to represent athletes from all around the world. They will perform an opening ceremony and say the Olympic Oath, etc. Then they will sing different songs about each of the events: skating, the downhill, speedskating, hockey, bobsledding, etc. It would be fun to connect.

Let us know if you are interested.

Bill Vaananen
    Music teacher
    Wescott School
    Northbrook, Illinois. U.S.A.
    • Hi Bill,

Your show sounds great! I would love to connect with your students. I would also like to find a way to share your show with the students participating in the Olympic project.

We are starting the project mid-January so we'll be ready to connect after that. I'm sure we'll have lots of questions about what you're doing.

Looking forward to working with you,
      Kimberly
  • Hi Kimberly,
    We have two fourth grades who would love to participate in this project. We're in Port Washington which is on Long Island, New York. Where are you located? What specific ideas did you have in mind for this project? Looking forward to hearing from you soon. We think this is a great idea.
    Jill Kennedy and Cathy Manganelli
    • Hi Jill,
      We'd love to have you join us. I have a grade 5&6 class in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. So far, we have from grade 2-8 planning to work on the project. I'm excited that so many different classes want to work together.

My idea is that each of your classes would choose a different country (who are participating in the games), study them then follow them for the games. I would really like if classes could find opportunities to Skype and blog during the project. I'm going to encourage my students to read and comment to other students as we work through the project. I was contacted by a teacher in PA today who's going to put an Olympic trivia game together for our project.

The next step would be to send me your school name then I can create a home page for you. I'm think that it would work to have a school home page then create a class home page from there. Would that work for you? I will also send you an invite to join the wiki then you can add content to your home page.

Email me at: kimberly.brown@rbe.sk.ca and I'll start getting you set up. I'll need both of your email addresses.

Looking forward to working with you,

Kimberly
This reply was deleted.