Co-Chair

We were very proud to promote the work of three filmmakers in two films, Jon Siskel's and Greg Jacobs' Louder than a Bomb and Carol Black's Schooling the World during last year's Global Education Conference. These director/producers generously made their award-winning films available to Global Education Conference members on Vimeo for a few weeks surrounding our online conference. Representatives from each film then held an online GEC keynote session to further discuss their work. Our members were moved beyond words by these films, and we are very grateful to Jon, Greg, and Carol for sharing their work.

Last year's film exhibition happened serendipitously, and we're hoping to re-create that magic again. Our second annual online film exhibition will run concurrently with our online virtual conference during the week of November 12, 2012 and this year, we would like to include students. The exhibition will be have two strands, one for students in grades K-20, and another for film professionals.

Films need to related to the global mission of our conference and be made available for review prior to acceptance in our online exhibition. This means that the film must be uploaded online to YouTube, Vimeo, or a similar service. Student films must have an adult sponsor (parent or teacher) in order to be approved as well.  Full length films and documentaries as well as PSAs, animated films and other short films are also welcome. Films do not need to be recent productions; feel free to submit work that you or your students have created in years past. The deadline for submissions is October 31, 2012.  

Please fill out this form completely in order to be considered for the second annual Global Education Conference Film Exhibition. All submissions must be appropriate for school audiences and be approved by Global Education Conference International Advisory Board members before acceptance into our exhibition. This is not a film competition, but we do want to ensure quality and that films are related to our global theme.

Please let me know if you have questions,

Lucy Gray
Global Education Conference Co-Chair

lucy@lucygrayconsulting.com

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello dear friends,
    I'd like to present ny students' works on iEARN. This film is called "Scools parthers from all over the world"
    Respect, Irina, Russia
    • Co-Chair

If you want to participate in this part of the conference, fill out the form mentioned in the above post!

• What a great idea!  I need to share this with my #artsed PLN!

This reply was deleted.