Can you help us with translation?

Hi! We are trying to find a translation program which will help our English speaking students read a foreign site. It is a Ning site and we have not been able to find anything that works on a Ning. Can you help us? We have looked at the Google translation in the toolbar and it works on all sites but Vincent's site in Ning. I have added a Google widget to my site which works fine as far as I have been able to test. Outside of that we hare having difficulty finding something which will work. Can anyone give some suggestions? We need to be able to translate! Thanks. Sue P

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know now why Google Translation Widget doesn't run on ning sites: Here is the answer from a ning developer:

---------------
    Your English is great :). Unfortunately the Google Translate function won't work with Ning networks. That's because it places the website or network in a frameset. When Ning networks are placed inside a frameset, some of the javascript functionality in them breaks (this is because of built-in security in javascript), and this is why we use a framebusting script to return the user to the known ning.com address of the network.

If you have the source code for your network, you can try removing the closing body tag from the footer to suppress the auto-forwarding to the ning.com address, but you may still encounter javascript errors and broken functionality when the translation is displayed; unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that.
  • Hi Sue,

yes it's GREAT, i can read your site in french with this widget. I can try on Ning and if it doesn't run, i'll ask to Ning Developpers to have others suggestions for this problem. After tomorrow, I'll put a link from Beyond th Walls to your site and my students will use your site with the translator...
This reply was deleted.