What do you eat there?

I found this VoiceThread of Kristina Smith's breakfast project in Turkey and thought, wouldn't this be fun to do with kids around the world? VoiceThread offers free pro accounts to schools. Here's my first VoiceThread project, using pictures from and of my XO. Anyone care to participate in a breakfast project?

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Interested folks: Give me advice on how you see this proceeding--- I have a glimmer of an idea but don't want to impose one method (unless you don't have an opinion, in which case I'll propose a plan!)
  • I am located in the southern part of Delaware, east coast U.S.A.
  • This project looks interesting. My class in Maryland, USA would be very interesteef in participating.
  • I think this is an important subject: the food we eat! I recently found some quite astounding statistics that support a vegetarian lifestyle. For example, based on the idea that over 60 million people die of starvation every year, consider this.

Less than half of the harvested agricultural acreage goes to feed "people."
    It takes sixteen pounds of grain to produce one pound of meat.
    According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, one acre of land can produce 20,000 pounds of potatoes, yet only 165 pounds of meat.
    For each acre of forest land cleared for human purposes, 7 acres of forest is cleared for grazing livestock. This greatly accelerates the destruction of our precious forests.

I wonder what the impact would be to create this awareness for our students who generally give little thought to what they eat, not to mention the understanding of food in other cultures.

I may be interested in this project.
    • Hi Laurie: Where are you located?
  • Hi Jane, my class in Australia would be interested in joining this breakfast project
    • This would be great fun! Let's decide how we want to proceed... I have a few ideas. Maybe we could have a skype call or at least IM about this? I'll send you an email, Anne.
This reply was deleted.