We are seeking online discussion partners on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, especially from the region. This four-day, high school class will take place February 19-22, with special focus on negotiation and conflict resolution. Richard

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Ann. We are from Catlin Gabel, one of your peer schools. Tell me more about what kind of discussion you would like to have. We meet with the student participants on Monday to find out more about where their primary interests lie. It's quite likely we will be focusing on past, present, and future Middle East peace conferences. Other topics may also bubble to the surface.

Richard
    • Dear Richard,
      Some of our students attended the Diversity Conference in Denver, CO this past weekend and I will ask one of them to share about a camp here in Colorado that takes American, Isreali, and Palestinian teens to work together. Additionally, we have been working with an assistant to William Ury, talking about conflict resolution. Links to his work and books can be found at: http://peaceisaverb.blogspot.com/. Our focus has been on conflict resolution in general, but we would be happy to apply what we have learned to the Palestine-Israel conflict. Perhaps we can share a summary of what we have learned on the blog for all of you?
      • That would be great. We could include your writings in our readings.

At what time of year does the camp take place? Do you have continued contact with those students, or do they disappear once the camp is over?

Richard
  • Richard,
    We are from the southwest area of the US, but we'd love to partake in a discussion.
    Please visit our blog at peaceisaverb.blogspot.com.
    Thanks!
    Ann
This reply was deleted.