Hello World!

On behalf of our school, currently being dragged out of the chalk and talk days, I say hello. We are a 7-12 High School, currently engaging Project Based Learning in years 9&10 (14-16 year olds). We are the oldest Catholic School in Australia. In the last 6 years, we have been re-inventing our classrooms with excellent results for students. In 2008, we introduced PBL, based on the NAPA model and delivered 1 to 1 computers in year 9. A bit of a first in our area. We are a systemic Catholic (not rich) school, with a range of ethnicities, population 960 boys. I am Head of Information Technology, and the architect of our Classroom 2.0 deployment. Our focus is on 21st Century Learning, with a firm belief that the sytem we are in is out dated and does not adequately prepare our students for the workplace or further education. We are changing the system and rapidly developing a Web2.0 model within the original NAPA Foundation model. I believe Napa is calling it 're-inventing PBL'. We are seeking to work with global partners to develop projects and activities for all students 7-12 using collaborative tools and technologies. My own interest is in Delivering Classroom 2.0 from a teaching and technology perspective. My progress is documented at www.cannedteacher.com. I would like to extend my Personal Learning Network and can't wait to hear from anyone interested in similar educational challenges, or who can offer me advice that may prevent us 'hitting brick walls' in our progression. We are NEW to PBL, but are growing and learning fast. Look forward to hearing from you all. Dean Groom

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –