I am looking for people willing to watch short student presentations. They are working on PBL projects. One aspect of their grade is communication and presentation. We will be recording their presentations using www.ustream.tv and would like some off-shore people to watch their presentations, typically 5-10 minutes. Following this, we would like to arrange for a short video conference in which you would ask students questions about thier project (which come for all key learning areas, apart from Maths). General questioning to see if they know thier content, if they can support and justify their propositions or defend it. We need people who would be willing to attend online (application to be decided - Skype, FlashMeeting?). It is critical that our students learn to present their projects to people other than staff and be evaluated. We will post a Google Form for you to complete to make life simple. I realise a video call in our timezone (Sydney) may be difficult, but we would like to try. The review panel we are aiming to use include teachers, parents and global citizens (even other students). We are open to ideas on this, and hope we can offer a similar service to participants. Contact : Dean Groom (dgroom@parra.catholic.edu.au) - Skype me or visit my blog and leave a comment! Thanks for looking!

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can you let me know how this project fared? I am writing a book on global collaboration and this would be a great example of how to work the assessment piece--full credit given
    Laurence
This reply was deleted.