Our grade 4 class's annual field trip to UNESCO World Hertiage Site Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump is coming up sometime in May. I am hoping to partner with another class that is studying Native American culture to work together to prepare for the trip. Student would work together to do some research and brainstorm questions. Our students would go to the site with the goal of being virtual field trip hosts who would prepare a report about the trip. We'd take digital cameras to take photos and record video to record the answers to the group's questions. The raw information could be assembled by both or either class into web videos, podcasts, websites or whatever. I haven't made decisions about what tools to use for the project. I've got quite a bit of freedom with regard to to the web and would be willing to plan to work with an interested school's computer policies. My grade 4's have experience using Google Docs, wikis and Voicethread this year.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Co-Chair
    I have some third and fifth graders studying Native Americans. Would you be willing to work with kids who are not in the same grade level as your students?

Lucy
    • Hi Lucy,

Yes, I would be willing to work with students from another year. Our grade four class is small - only 12 students - so either the grade 5's or the grade 3's would be better. I will talk to the teacher to get a better idea of what he has in mind.

Do you have any tools, sites or applications that you like to use?

Jamie
This reply was deleted.