Introducing Perdita Harper

Hi everyone I’m Perdita Harper and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am working to complete a Master in Education (Education Technology) at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) where I am an online student and part of an international cohort. I could have chosen to study closer to home, but I chose USQ for both its international reputation in the field of online learning and for the opportunity to study with people from literally all over the world. I strongly believe that this provides a richer learning environment as students are exposed to diverse perspectives and develop an understanding of issues facing educators in different locations. Developing this awareness is, I think, a vital part of any move towards globalization in education. I am currently employed within academic support at a Melbourne university that identifies becoming a global university as priority one in its vision statement. Joining The Global Education Collaborative seems to be an excellent way of collaborating with others who share an interest in global education…looking forward to working with you. Perdita

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Gail
    I've had a quick look at your blog, but I would be interested to know a little more about your project.
    Thanks for the welcome
    Perdita
    • Perdita,

We wanted to have a global connection with Knox School. The Year 2 teachers in Australia were looking to connect with our 2nd graders. I created the blog, added authors, and immersed our 2nd graders with facts about the Australian culture. This was the first blog in our school. Everyone was excited to watch it grow. Due to our seasons and timeline of our school years, there are months when each school is not in session, while the other school is. It was wonderful to have Mr. Whittle present to our school. The live video announcements were great for the school.

Gail
  • Welcome Perdita,

I live in Arlington Heights, IL, USA. I have built up a relationship with Knox School in Australia. We have a blog that reflects an ongoing year-long project between the schools. http://windsorlmc.blogspot.com The principal came to IL last September and it was a wonderful experience for all of us.

Gail
This reply was deleted.