Hi Global Education Collaborativees, I thought your community would be interested to know about this year's HASTAC/MacArthur Digital Media and Learning Competition. This year we are awarding projects in two categories, Innovation in Participatory Learning and Young Innovators. The Young Innovator award is targeted to individuals aged 18-25. We want to help take their wow idea from garage to implementation. If you know of any particularly stellar current or former students, please make sure they get the rfp. The Innovation award is for larger scale projects and has no age restriction. This year we are piloting limited international eligibility (hoping to open it further next year) and can accept stand alone applications from twelve countries (U.S., UK, Japan, Mexico, China, Russia, Singapore, Japan, Canada, Nigeria, South Africa, the Netherlands); application teams and collaborators can be from anywhere in the world. The theme this year is participatory learning which we are defining broadly as using new digital media for sharing ideas or planning, designing, implementing, or just discussing ideas and goals together. I hope if you have any projects that fit the bill, that you will consider applying or forward it on to those who would also be interested! You can email me at mandy.dailey@duke.edu if you have questions. Thanks, Mandy ---PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY--- DIGITAL MEDIA AND LEARNING COMPETITION 2008 Digital Media and Learning Competition 2008 $2 Million Competition Focus: Participatory Learning Full information at: www.dmlcompetition.net Application Deadline: October 15, 2008 The second HASTAC/MacArthur Digital Media and Learning Competition is now open! The focus is participatory learning. Awards will be made in two categories: Innovation in Participatory Learning Awards support large-scale digital learning projects $30,000-$250,000 Young Innovator Awards are targeted at 18-25 year olds $5,000-$30,000 Participatory learning is defined broadly as using new digital media for sharing ideas or planning, designing, implementing, or just discussing ideas and goals together. Full information at: www.dmlcompetition.net

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –