Co-Chair
I've been exploring Google's customized search tool called Google Coop. I recently posted about it in the ITM blog. I even made one for Global Education resources. Anyone can join this search engine and contribute sites... you should see a link on the homepage of this engine that will enable you to contribute. You can embed these search engines on a web site, so I am going to try and do that here in this Ning. Also, fyi, Lynn Wolters has created an engine on Web 2.0 Tools for Schools.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've spent some time making iGoogle my "desktop" for the increasing number of productivity apps and tools I use on the Web platform. I've tagged most of my folder-based bookmarks into iGoogle bookmarks, consolidated pop3 email accounts in iGoogle, started viewing and managing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with iGoogle, and begun incorporating access to audio, video, and VoIP apps here.. I tried out Google Coop for searching a specific cluster of related Web 1.0 and 2.0 sites I've found indispensible to me. I liked the results. Gradually, I will customize engines for finding developments in several different fields of study and interest that I have for sometime had clustered in pre-existing folders of bookmarks. As soon as more important Web services and apps are developed, I suppose I'll be able to ditch the old OS for a new one, too!
This reply was deleted.