Co-Chair
I'm giving up on the idea of tagging people to post questions... it's much better when we all just throw questions out there! Anyway, I'm prepping for a panel discussion at NECC and many of you might be aware that the sponsoring group, the International Society for Technology in Education, is refreshing its technology standards for students, teachers, and administrators. This refresh looks like it will include an emphasis on global communication, but I'm a little confused as to whether these standards are completed or ISTE is soliciting feedback at NECC on them. See this page for more info:http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/NETS_Refresh_Forum/NETS_Refresh_.htm. Of particular interest to this group is this event at NECC: Going Global! NETS•STM Around the World (iNETS Forum) Join an international gathering of educators to refresh the NETS•STM and meet the needs of students around the world. Tuesday, June 26 from 2 to 4 pm at the GWCC, Room B202. Anyway, in light of this, I have several questions. Feel free to answer any or all of them: 1) Are there standards for global education not involving technology necessary already in existence? If so, point me in the right direction! 2) How should technology standards build in a global component? What sort of standards do you think are imperative for pre-service teachers? in-service teachers? librarians? students? administrators? teacher educators? 3) During your undergraduate and/or undergraduate studies, do you experience any exposure to global education? I am wondering whether institutions who prepare teachers are doing anything along these lines. Your comments and feedback would be really appreciated! Lucy

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –