Co-Chair
Hi All - Welcome to our newest group members; this ning now has over 100 people interested in global collaboration! Don't forget to post an introduction in this forum and select the Introductions category. Westley Field, a member of this group, is coming to visit me in Chicago in a couple of weeks, and I've noticed several Global Ed Collaborative members from Australia and New Zealand. There are also lots of people from this area of the world in the Apple Distinguished Educator community and I have the impression lots is going on down there with education technology. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, I wonder why Aussies and Kiwis seem to be more progressive in attitudes towards educational technology? Does this have to do with high rates of literacy? Again, my impression is that New Zealand is known for very high literacy rates amongst its population. Correct me if I am wrong and educate me! I'd like to know more about educational attitudes in other parts of the world.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Lucy good discussion point - I hope that you will get many educators from Down Under posting here... for the moment even though I am 11,000 miles away I can tell you that if you Google -Time4 Online at present from 28th May on there is an online conference being hosted in New Zealand with many contributing teachers posting their presentation on TeacherTube. some people to check out in NZ anyway - Allanah King ( podcasting as Appleby Airwaves), Jane Nicholls (e-fellow posts as ICTUCAN ), Jody Hayes ( classblogmeister)... the list goes on, from a distance here in South Wales I am impressed with the range and enthusiasm for using the web collaboratively that is coming out of New Zealand... i'm sure there must be similar work going on in Australia as well.
    Paul H
This reply was deleted.