Online Literature Circles

San Antonio ISD's instructional technology is launching an initiative this fall "Online Literature Circles. We are using Moodle for the forum. We are inviting all grade levels 3-12 to participate . Please help us launch this 21st century model for learning. There is lots of discussion within my office as to whether we should start this project only within our district. Please comment as to your opinion. Go Global or stay at home. This is an invitation for participation,I guess you know my opinion. Contact me either here or at shodgesharris1@saisd.net

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have to say, Sue, that I'm conservative, in general. I like to conduct pilot programs before taking them global so that I can identify glitches early on and solve problems before they become too big. However, in this case, there is no difference between inviting our entire country, or the entire world. If you were speaking about limiting participation to just your district, there might be merit there. If you mean to involve U.S. schools, you should totally go global. This sounds like something our English teachers might be interested in. I'll send them a link!
  • This is a wonderful idea, and I'm in agreement that you go global! I'll be among the first in line to have one of our classes participate!

Lori Roe
    Delaware, USA
This reply was deleted.