Paul Harrington's Introduction

Hi there, I currently teach Year 3 (7-8 year old pupils) in a Primary School (Elementary) in the valleys of South Wales (old South Wales UK). We have been playing with web 2.0 collaboration tools for about 15 months now, mainly blogs and podcasts - using the school name Cefn Fforest. It has been a great time we have found friends around the globe as far afield as New Zealand ( thanks for the link to this group Allanah K) and the US. Using these tools to collaborate has brought the world to our classroom and given my pupils a completely different vocabulary and view of other countries. I/we are looking to develop links with other like minded teachers/students of a similar age to try out some more collaborative activities ( and to play and have fun with friends around the globe).

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Paul, I am a librarian in a primary school (k-1) and I am looking to work with other schools globally on a project using web 2.0 tools and I would love to have your class work with us. I am trying to put together this project where we share what it is like to live here and learn about other global communities. Would you be interested?
This reply was deleted.