International Collaboration

I have successfully defended my thesis proposal and will begin my research project in the fall. My class will connect and collaborate with a classroom in Bucaramanga, Colombia. I am looking for any thoughts or ideas on this project, We will podcast and use Skype, but what else do I need to prepare for? What tools have you used that you find easy to use and are valuable to you as an educator? What tools make a collaboration of this type mangable?

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The students are 9-11 years old. I know there has been quite a few projects in the upper grades such as high school. I feel i'm either breaking ground with elementary students or treading water.
  • I would suggest using some sort of blog as a virtual notepad- allowing students to share ideas and comment on each others work. It also doesn't require both schools to be online at the same time!

I have used blogger for this purpose with my students:

www.8rsweblog.blogspot.com

I like it because of the control that this gives me over the account. Hope this helps!
  • Co-Chair
    I found this Children Around the World wiki tonight... perhaps it will help with your plans.
  • Co-Chair
    Wow, congrats, Cheryl! How old are your students? What about using a survey tool ? Each class could devise polls for the other class to learn more about the group. You could also use a portal like the Collaboratory Project so that students could communicate with each other; there's messaging within the portal, but no outside email acccess. There is also a nice survey tool with the Collaboratory as well.
This reply was deleted.