Actionable Innovations Community Notes
Announcing the NEA Foundation's Global Learning Edcamp
March 31, 2023
In this issue, we have several events to bring to your attention!
- First, join us for our next Actionable Innovations Conversation on Friday, March 31, 2023, at 1 PM CDT, featuring Dr. Kaylah Holland of BreakFree Education. Our topic will be Advocating for Justice-Involved Youth: Disrupting the School-to-Prison Pipeline. Register for this free event here.
- If you missed our last Conversation with Bob Greenberg of the Brainwaves Video Anthology, here is the recording of this interview. Bob is usually behind the camera, recording conversations with educators, and here’s one recent example of his work. Check out his interview with Marilyn Turkovich, executive director of the Charter for Compassion!
- The NEA Foundation has two upcoming opportunities that you should be aware of. First, applications for their Global Learning Fellowship program are due on April 1, 2023. Applicants need to be working in NEA schools. This is an incredible opportunity to travel and to learn how to incorporate global competencies into classroom teaching.
- The NEA Foundation is also hosting a free virtual unconference open to all educators around the world on April 29, 2023. The NEA Foundation Global Learning Edcamp is open to all educators and organizations. Register here to participate. If you represent a global education organization, you are also welcome to participate in the Global Learning Edcampas as a partner. This is a terrific opportunity for everyone to grow their professional learning networks and to share resources essential to global collaboration.
- Actionable Innovations Global is hosting the Global Collaborator Meetup at ISTELive 23 in Philadelphia on June 15th. Register for the ISTE conference and select our event when going through the registration process. If you are registered for ISTELive 23, there is no additional cost to attend.
- Kaylah Holland and Greta Sandler are organizing the Global Collaboration Playground at the ISTELive 23 in Philadelphia in June, and the call for proposals is open. You can find out more information by clicking here. Please email Kaylah Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The second Global Learning for an Open World Conference (GLOW) is scheduled to take place on November 14, 2023. Additionally, we hope to add a student conference and leadership conference to our offerings in the next year. If your organization is interested in helping to plan and sponsor these events, please contact Lucy Gray at lucy@globaledevents for details.
If you have news to share, post details in our discussion forum or events page, and if appropriate, we’ll share it in our next missive.
Actionable Innovations Global is the former Global Education Conference Network community under a new name and leadership. Follow us on social media, browse our global education resource collections, subscribe to our blog, and review recordings from our Actionable Innovations Conversations.
If you want to adjust your email preferences or leave our network, visit our help page.