GLOW PROPOSALS ARE DUE NOVEMBER 1, 2022
Dear Community Members,
The Global Learning for an Open World (GLOW) conference starts in less than three weeks! Our presenters will share their work with the world around the clock on November 18 and 19, 2022.
IMPORTANT REMINDER! Our deadline for proposals is November 1, 2022. Solo presentations, group presentations, and facilitated discussions on topics related to global competence, educational innovation, and experiential learning are encouraged. Here is information about the submission process.
Any non-profit organization can present a complimentary, free 20-minute session at the conference. Click here for the proposal form. If you are interested in participating in our partnership program, which entitles non-profits and for-profit organizations to additional benefits, here are details.
Read on for tips on preparing for the conference!
Thanks for reading,
GLOW CONFERENCE UPDATE
We are thrilled to report that we have over 600 attendees and presenters representing the following countries: Albania, Argentina, Australia, Azerbaijan, the Bahamas, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, China, Columbia, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam, and Zambia. This list will grow!
Here’s how to prepare for the conference so you can make the most of your experience as an attendee. Professional relationships are the foundation of successful global collaborations, and we hope this event will provide you with new connections.
- Register for our free virtual conference and fill out your profile on the Hopin platform where the conference will take place.
- You will be asked to indicate your interests. Recommended connections will be made for you on Hopin based on your answers. Next week, we are enabling an optional feature on Hopin called Speed Networking, where you can meet like-minded people in short one-to-one video conversations.
- Include a link to your website, social media, and/or LinkedIn profile when filling out the Hopin profile if you are interested in networking and connecting with others.
- Visit the conference website and browse the schedule. Note that we are adding sessions every day. You can bookmark sessions that interest you and start building your own agenda.
- Remember, all sessions will be recorded, but our presenters would appreciate live audiences. Attend as your schedule allows.
- Follow our speakers and partners on Twitter to get a sense of their work.
- Join @GlobalEdAction on Twitter on Wednesday, November 16th at 7 PM CDT (UTC-6) for a special Twitterchat from #globaledchat. We’ll discuss the forthcoming conference, and all presenters are invited to share a preview of their sessions.
- Our primary community is Actionable Innovations Global. You can join this professional learning space at no cost if you are not already a member. This is where networking can continue beyond the GLOW conference.
Thanks for reading and I can't wait to see you online soon!
GLOW Conference Co-Chair