NA

Country from Which You Will Present:
Canada

Language in Which You Will Present:
English

Target Audience:
Career educators and counsellors

Short Session Description:
A fast-paced tour of eportfolio practice in 2012, based on recent conferences in Europe and North America and the author's global Personal Learning Network.

Full Session Description):
Don Presant, an ePortfolio evangelist since 2004, will engage participants in a fast-paced tour of international ePortfolio practice in 2012.

The workshop will be based on knowledge of innovative work in Canada, online connections with the global ePortfolio community and will also bring the latest news and developments from these three international ePortfolio conferences scheduled for July 2012:

• Mahara UK 2012 in Lancaster, England
  • the 10-year old ePortfolio and Identity Conference in London (ePIC 2012, formerly EIfEL)
  • the Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning conference in Boston (AAEEBL 2012)

The workshop will draw on the latest research and case studies from these conferences to explore the intersection of ePortfolios with school-to-PSE transition, the employability of adults in transition, workplace learning, immigrant integration, professional development, self-directed learning and Personal Learning Environments and performance support.

Special topics will include Mozilla's revolutionary new Open Badges initiative, the Mahara Open Source ePortfolio, and the impact of multimedia and mobile technologies and Web 2.0 applications such as Facebook and LinkedIn.

URLs Associated with Your Session:
Updated version of the following:
http://bit.ly/epin2012

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Co-Chair

Additional proposal materials are required for the GETideas strand at the Global Education Conference. Please review our documentation and make sure you submit these items to EdSurge by Sunday, November 4th at 9 AM CT, GMT-6. This is a firm deadline if you'd like to be considered for this event.

http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/getideas-and-edsurge-...

If you have already submitted ALL of the items to Tony at EdSurge, please ignore this.

• Hi Lucy:

I've decided to withdraw for this year, due to other demands. Thanks for considering it.

• Co-Chair

Are you applying for this strand? Innovation Perspectives with GETideas If so, I need you to edit your proposal and include the required tag 2012GETideas in the tag field.

If you're not applying for this stand, I need to know which strand or strands you want to be listed under. See the call for proposals: GEC Call for Proposals

If you are a corporate group, you need to apply to the GETIdeas strand on technology-driven innovation or be a sponsor of the conference to present in the other stands. 

Let me know! 

Thanks,

Lucy Gray

• Thanks Lucy, tag is added and I'll work on the other things for Nov 1.

This reply was deleted.