Co-Chair

Welcome to our monthly blog post highlighting happenings in the global education community! If you would like your news highlighted here, make sure to post in our main community’s discussion forum, and we will include it next month. Past blog posts can be found here. 

Steve Hargadon and myself (Lucy Gray) are looking forward to upcoming event which include the CoSN/UNESCO Global Symposium on Educating for Digital Citizenship and our Global Leadership Summit hosted in partnership with ASCD. The roster of speakers at both events are amazing! 

Also, don’t forget about Global Leadership Week which will take place March 19–23, 2018! This is an opportunity for educators to highlight and advocate for global programs and initiatives that support the development of global competence in students and teachers. Host your own event, exhibit at our second virtual Global Education Fair, or simply attend the Fair and assorted events. We also are co-hosting a Global Leadership Summit at ASCD’s Empower18 conference in Boston on March 23rd. 

We also maintain a calendar of global education events, and submissions are welcome. To see this and other resources, join our community and then click on this link (you have to be a member of the GEC to see these resources).

Below you will find a collection of resources and opportunities that we’ve noticed this month! Please share this information widely with friends and colleagues. Thanks! 

Announcements

• We are so pleased to hear that Barbara Anna Zielonka of Norway is one of 10 finalists for the Global Teacher Prize. She was one of the grantees of our Great Global Project Challenge last year and has presented at our annual conference. To learn more about her work, follow her on Twitter
  • If you are waiting for a certificate for the Global Education Conference, there was some confusion over the list of completers and Lucy needs to finish creating certificates for some people. She WILL get to this; she’s just a bit busy right now. Have faith! 
  • If you have a global project or organization to promote and/or if you want to share your favorite resources and tips for going global, participate in our Global Share-O-Rama Flipgrid. Click on a topic, then the +, and leave a short video comment for others to view. Take time to view the videos from others to learn about more opportunities. We will be using this Flipgrid at upcoming events, and this is a great way to bring our global professional learning community with us!

GEC Events

Events from Other Organizations

Projects

Opportunities

Worth a Read

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks so much, Lucy, for including my recent article (How Writing and the Arts Can Contribute to Beautiful, Meaningful International Projects) in this post. I'm delighted to be included among the other excellent articles you've listed!

• https://today.emich.edu/story/story/10573

Eastern Michigan University now has a BA-TESOL degree!

This reply was deleted.