Your Name and Title:

Zach Lax, Former Teacher, Education Entrepreneur

School or Organization Name:
Teaching Is Power

Co-Presenter Name(s):

No Co-Presenter at the moment, but this may change.

Area of the World from Which You Will Present:

Boston, MA, USA

Language in Which You Will Present:

English

Target Audience(s):

Educators, researchers, policy makers, stakeholders, and others interested in EdTech

Short Session Description (one line):

A discussion about how teachers and education advocates and influencers can use advances in EdTech as a way to increase their agency in the creation and implementation of education policy at all levels.

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

This session will be divided into three parts:

1. Brief overview of EdTech progress and major players
  2. Brief overview of policy movement
  3. Group discussion about ways teachers are using EdTech to get more involved and barriers to using EdTech to do so
  4. Introduction to new tech tools that can be used to increase educator advocacy and involvement

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:

www.teachingispower.com

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Zach,   Can you share how you feel this session ties to the strand 2013EFA-- to ensure Education For All worldwide?   Ed

• Developments in EdTech have obvious implications for improving educational outcomes across the globe; particularly when it comes to sharing resources with schools in marginalized areas of developing countries. Worldwide, the teaching profession faces varying levels of respect. The point of this conversation would be to address how widespread changes in education policy have impacted the profession, and how edtech can be used to improve political outcomes for teachers, increase their agency, etc. 

-Zach

• Co-Chair

Hi Zach -

Two things that need to happen here. 1) Please tell me whether or not you are representing a for profit company. For profits need to be sponsors of the conference, and we can send you information if you'd like. 2) If you are not representing a for profit entity, you need to edit your proposal (use the OPTIONS button), and elaborate further in the body of your proposal as to how your work relates to global collaboration and education for all. 

Once you've done this, I'd be happy to review this proposal again.

Thanks,

Lucy Gray 

Conference Co-Chair

• Co-Chair

I need a response by Sunday, November 17th at 9 PM in order to consider this proposal.

LG

• Co-Chair

Please explain how this proposal relates to the mission of the conference: http://www.globaleducationconference.com/notes/The_GEC_Mission_Stat.... Also, please let me know if you are representing a for profit or non-profit institution. For profits need to be sponsors of the conference in order to present. 

Thanks,

Lucy Gray

Conference Co-Chair

This reply was deleted.