Thank you for participating in Global Collaboration Week 2018! We had over 1200 individuals and 585 schools and organizations from 90 countries registered.
47 projects were hosted this week, too, by global educators and organizations from around the world. We deeply appreciate the professional generosity of our event hosts. Their work has impacted thousands of students and teachers and together, we’ve helped raise awareness of the need to develop global competence in teachers and students.
Here are some next steps for continuing to collaborate globally:
- If you participated in a project listed on our site, you can receive a certificate of participation by filling out this form.
- Many projects did not require live participation and these asynchronous projects may still be going on if you and your students would like to join in http://bit.ly/GCWasynchronous.
- We encourage you to contact all of our hosts if you would like additional information about their work: http://bit.ly/2018GCWdirectory
- Follow us on Twitter at GlobalEdCon for updates and continue to use the hashtag is #globaled18 to share ideas and resources. Post any photos, videos, and blog posts about GCW on Twitter to share with the global ed community!
- Our next event is the free, online Global Education Conference. Register here: http://bit.ly/GEC2018registration
- On March 15th, 2019, we will be co-hosting our fourth Global Leadership Summit with ASCD in Chicago at their Empower 19 conference. Registration for this event will be opening soon and make sure to reserve your space as this event sold out quickly last year!
- Additional global education resources are available to those who are members of our main community (free): http://bit.ly/GECresources
- If you represent a corporate or non-profit organization, please consider supporting our work so that most of our events can remain free for teachers. Contact Steve Hargadon at email@example.com for a conversation on how we can partner.
Finally, we want to thank Qatar Foundation International and TakingITGlobal for making this event possible. Please check out these amazing organizations and their fabulous resources for global educators!
Lucy Gray & Steve Hargadon