As we all wait anxiously for the Global Education Conference in November, I wanted to share another exciting #globaled event that will taking place in October 2015!

The Global Education Forum, co-sponsored by Asia Society and Penn GSE, will be held on October 16 and 17 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The conference is an opportunity to engage in a critical conversation between K–12 and higher education educators about how best to prepare students for a global world. By attracting educators from around the world to discuss best practices, promising programs and research, the Global Education Forum will highlight the importance of learning with and from different education systems to help inform our own practice.

Through a series of keynote speakers, hands-on workshops and networking opportunities, participants will explore how to prepare students to be globally competent, review trends and best practices in teacher and leadership development, as well as develop strategies for teaching and assessing critical 21st century skills.

For the past eight years, the Asia Society has conducted the Partnership for Global Learning Conference, while Penn GSE, in partnership with the American Friends of Winchester College, has conducted a global education event for the past five years. This newly-created conference signifies the forging of two outstanding efforts and a diverse audience into one signature event.

Proposals for Breakout Sessions and "Teacher Swap Shops" are still being accepted until May 10.  Registration for the event will open in mid-May.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions!

Brandon Wiley, Ed.D.

brandon@globaledleader.com

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –