GLOW Conference Update: Last Call for Proposals
We connect and empower education-focused professionals worldwide through professional learning and networking opportunities.
GLOW Proposals Due This Wednesday
- Global Learning for an Open World Conference proposals are due by November 1, 2023, at 11:59 PM CST.
- Cristina Velázquez is coordinating a Spanish strand. Submit Spanish language proposals here!
- Follow our amazing keynotes, presenters, and benefactors using these new X (formerly Twitter) lists!
- Click here to tweet about the conference and spread the word!
- Ninety amazing sessions from 100+ presenters are scheduled to take place virtually on November 13 and 14.
- Seventy countries are represented in our registrants so far.
- The conference site will open on November 1 for registrants.
Register for GLOW Today
Click here to register. Registration is open on a first-come, first-served basis. Spots are limited. Here’s a sampling of session titles:
- Bring the World to Our Youngest Students
- Building Global Communities through Digital Storytelling
- Intercultural Clubs: Do You Have, Need, or Want One?
- Developing Empathy and Global Citizenship
- Global Competency Integration in Higher Ed
- Educating World Leaders: Using the Lens of Humane Education to Improve Compassion, Decision-making, and Impact
- Global Education in the Middle School Math Classroom
- Global Travel Insights for Educators
- Integrating Sustainability in ELT Through VR Content
- Project-Based Inquiry (PBI) Global: Centering Student Voices
- Solutionary STEM and Outdoor Learning That Empowers Students
- Teaching Essential Skills for Tomorrow's World
- Unlocking Student Engagement: Building a Foundation for Curious, Attentive, and Proactive Global Learners
- Using Visible Thinking Routines and Digital History Projects
Join the GLOW Community: Purchase a ticket to the conference. We understand that not everyone can afford admission, which is why we offer a free option for educators and organization leaders. Our goal is to ensure that everyone who wants to attend can do so.
Become a GLOW Volunteer: Give back to the community by volunteering just three hours for the conference. Register for a volunteer ticket today. Partner with Us:
Become a media partner at no cost, and help us spread the word: Fill out this form and select the media partner option when registering for the conference.
Make a Financial Pledge: Support us financially and gain additional visibility for your school, organization, or company. Our benefactor levels include multiple admission promo codes, ideal for group admission. Details are available in our conference overview.
Opportunities Spotted on the Web
Here are a few opportunities for students and educators we've recently noticed.
- Empatico is looking for the kindest classroom in America.
- National Geographic is offering the Slingshot Challenge to students ages 13-18. Submit videos on solving environmental challenges.
- AFS Intercultural Programs USA has compiled a comprehensive list of International Education Week activities.
- Applications are now open for National Geographic's Grosvenor Teacher Fellowships.
- UCL is running a three-week course entitled Educating for Sustainable Development (ESD) in Schools and Universities.
- TAG's Climate Action Day is taking place on November 2, and this event has a stellar lineup of speakers.
Actionable Innovations Global is an international education community focused on building and cultivating an online ecosystem where innovation thrives. We offer many opportunities for educators and organizations to engage. These include webinars, virtual conferences, and face-to-face meetups.
Please share this information with interested friends and colleagues and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.