Your Name and Title:  Jennifer Moore, Educational Advocate

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Chicago, IL, US

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Anyone interested in promoting global wellness - teachers, administrators, researchers

Short Session Description (one line): This session will put forth a new way of thinking about how to use the wellness wheel as a tool for school change.  

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

The wellness wheel is a conceptual tool that people can use to develop school communities that support individual and organizational well being.  People need to be well in order to carry out the UN Sustainable Development Goals. It appears that the overarching focus of the Goals is that people are well. Specific wellness practices and strategies are unique to each school community, yet it is a positive, universal concept that can be shared by people around the world.

The seven different aspects of wellness (physical, emotional, social, spiritual, environmental, cognitive, and financial) can be used by teachers, students, parents and administrators to reflect on their individual level of wellness and take steps to put organizational structures in place to ensure wellness. Global education can be grounded in the general concept of wellness because it transcends borders!

In this session, I’ll present my idea of how schools can use the wellness wheel as a tool to help their own community become well. I’m interested in finding others around the world who are interested in talking about how this idea resounds with them!

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –