Your Name and Title: Miss Sam Tiwari

School, Library, or Organization Name: Steve Sinnott Foundation

Co-Presenter Name(s): None

Country from Which You Will Present: United Kingdom

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience (such as primary school teachers, high school administrators, students, etc.): Students and teachers in primary as well as secondary schools

Short Session Description (one line): Exploring how the concepts of Global Solidarity and Citizenship are key to achieving the Millennium Development Goals for Education

Full Session Description (one paragraph minimum):

Since the year 2000, the Millennium Development Goals have been the most significant drivers in the international efforts to end poverty and achieve a decent standard of living for people around the world through improvement in health, nutrition, education, housing and environment.

The second Millennium Development Goal states that by 2015, children everywhere, boys and girls alike, should be able to complete a full course of primary education but according to the latest statistics, there are still 61 million children in the world who are out of school.

My organisation works with the broad agenda of promoting the Millennium Development Goals for Education. Amongst our range of initiatives, we give a high priority to making connections between schools, teachers and young people across the world. My session will explore with practical examples of our work, how Global Citizenship Education in classrooms in the UK has encouraged young people to join the global movement for education and how it continues to inspire them to stand up for the rights of children around the world. I will also explore why this ‘global solidarity’ approach with young people and members of the teaching profession could potentially have a much stronger impact on achieving high quality education for children across the world.

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session:
www.stevesinnottfoundation.org.uk

SSFNov2012.pptx

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –