The virtual Global Education Conference is returning during International Education Week this November in a redesigned format and with a new leadership team. Co-chairs, Don Buckley and Dr. William Rankin, friends at World Savvy, and I have been working over the past year to reimagine our community and our events, and we’re pleased to share the products of those efforts with you now and in an informational webinar on August 8th.
As you may know, the former Global Education Conference Network is now Actionable Innovations Global, a professional learning community dedicated to global educational innovation. Our mission has broadened: we seek to engage learners, educators, and organization leaders in networking activities to spread innovative educational practices and ideas.
Our November conference has been renamed Global Learning for an Open World: Developing Connections, Competencies, and Creativity (GLOW). It will take place on November 18-19, 2022 and the Call for Proposals opened last week. The goals of this conference are:
- To convene a vibrant global community of educational practitioners at all levels interested in experiential learning and the development of global competencies;
- To provide educators with accessible, high-quality professional learning experiences and inspire creative educational innovation;
- To showcase engaging, innovative practices in experiential and global learning and to highlight practical, actionable methods for implementing these educational approaches with learners;
- To provide a forum for discussion of methods, goals, and learning theories related to experiential and global learning and to open opportunities for collaborative research and exploration of emerging methods, goals, and learning theories;
- To connect educators and schools with forward-thinking colleagues and organizations for ongoing support and collaboration.
We’ve developed a new financial model that will create a sustainable revenue stream to continue hosting this free event and other professional learning experiences for students, educators, and organization leaders. We seek support from non-profit organizations, schools, and corporations that want to partner with us. This document provides additional details about our new partnership program which features opportunities for higher visibility within the conference. Key points include:
- For profit companies seeking to present at GLOW need to participate in this program. (Any for profit group with more than 1 employee.)
- Non-profits are offered a complimentary 20-minute session and can partner with GLOW for an additional 50-minute session.
- Schools with the means are also welcome to support, but partnership is not required for schools to present.
We’re excited to bring the global education community together again, and we’d love to have non-profits, schools, and companies partner with us to make this a memorable and impactful event. The support of our corporate and community partners will help make high-quality professional learning experiences accessible for educators worldwide.
Thanks for your time and consideration. Please share this information widely and consider joining us on Monday for our informational webinar about the conference!