Co-Chair

Please reply to this discussion thread! We're compiling reflections, ideas, & resources from the 2017 Global Education Conference. What were your favorite ideas, initiatives, and tools that you learned about last week? Feel free to share your own resources from your presentations if you were a presenter!

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I like to participate in this confrence because I get a lot of new things for myself. Best of all I appriciate the World piece song project presentation. It was fantastic feelings to see a lot of presentations from participants around the world and was very interesting

•  Thank you for your kind words.  We're happy that you appreciated the World Peace Song Project presentation.  We invite you and your students to join our project from Tajikistan!

• I enjoyed the session titled Developing Globally Competent Students (November 13, 6-7 pm). This session provided ways to incorporate global competence into the curriculum.

• Excelente el evento, ha sido imposible descargar el certificado de participación y el de voluntario, agradezco información al respecto, gracias.

• All the moments in the presentations I attended were special
    I felt very good when the participants marked their location on the map
    It's great to be able to communicate with people from the globe, people with the same inetrese
    This is wonderful for me!

298623923?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• This was really cool! I wasn't able to mark my location, but there were other in my geographic location.

• My favorite moment of the World Peace Song project presentation was when participants all wrote their definition of what peace means to them on the peace dove that was started in New Zealand by some sixth graders. In just a few moments we had an international definition of peace. I also enjoyed sharing the World Peace Song with participants and introducing them to Ayumi Ueda, the founder of Women of the World and Yoshiro Miyata, the facilitator of World Museum.  We look forward to many GEC members participating in this project and will share it at the next GEC in 2018.

298623482?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• Many but The Keynote address by Michael Furdyk and Teddy Godwaldt, a quote I found on the TIG website, "the whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows by Sydney J.Harris" thought provoking.

TakingITGlobal, Participate, OneWorldClassrooms, teendreams, TCGE, Empatico and much more, all tools for connecting classrooms, all thanks to the amazing event GCE 2017 :)

• Jennifer Williams presentation on more equitable professional development really was insightful how teachers can be engaged in formal and informal PD, but yet not always share what they learned with other teacher colleagues in many cases. Sharing or reflecting with others about PD should be a priority for all teachers, schools and districts.

This reply was deleted.