Co-Chair

TED 2010

TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. It's a high profile conference for bringing influential people together around ideas that can change the world. The main conference is held in February every year, but other TEDS have popped up around the globe. People can even now host their own TEDs; this format is called TEDx. I believe TED lectures are fairly short in length (20 minutes) and are usually pretty engaging as people talk about their life's work and passions. You can download and watch their videos from a number of sources including iTunesYouTube and the TED web site.

The 2010 TED is going on right now and Jamie Oliver received the TED prize (proceeds from the event fund this, I think) to help his TED prize wish come true. He wants to educate children about food. My personal favorite TED prize winner has been author Dave Eggers who founded the 826 Valencia writing program among many other accomplishments. Check out his TED wish here.

If you're a fan of TED, what's your favorite TED lecture? Have any of you ever attended a TED event? What's it like?

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lucy,
    I find TED videos an excellent teaching resource for my Theory of Knowledge (TOK) classes. Since the videos cover a wide range of topics they lend themselves to the eclectic nature of TOK sessions. Students enjoy the variety and are almost always surprised and generally jolted out of their complacence.
    My Favorite - ah now that's difficult.
    One of the early videos I enjoyed and shared with both students and colleagues was by Sir Ken Robinson on education. A recent one my students really enjoyed was by Rives - telling a story through keyboard symbols. Delightful.
    Would love to attend a TED Event..........some day.
This reply was deleted.