The #TWIMA Projects

Your Name and Title: Jon Smith - Teacher Success Manager for Book Creator

School or Organization Name: Book Creator

Co-Presenter Name(s):

Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Ohio

Language in Which You Will Present: English

Target Audience(s): Teachers K-12

Short Session Description (one line):

I’m looking for one classroom from every state and country in the world to write a book together. Who’s in? 

Full Session Description (as long as you would like):

A few years ago I was asked to do a collaborative project with someone. After a few weeks our classes wrote and published a book together. It was an amazing journey and one that would plant a seed. A journey that would begin an adventure. A journey that started with a tweet and a simple question: I’m looking for one classroom from every state and country in the world to write a book together. Who’s in? 

I believe that students create better work when there is a global audience for it. This belief and the idea that I could get classrooms from around the world together to write and publish a book lead to the #TWIMA projects. Eight projects later and classrooms from around the world are sharing in the excitement. No longer are they writing only for their teachers, only for their schools and only for their parents. After participating in these projects, the students can truly say, “The World Is My Audience”.

In this session learn why Jon started the #TWIMA projects, the successes and failures, and more importantly, how you can be involved in the newest global writing project. 

Websites / URLs Associated with Your Session: https://bookcreator.com/2015/01/world-audience/

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Co-Chair

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your proposal. We love Book Creator and think it's a great tool for global collaboration. However, for profits need to be sponsors of the conference in order to present. Please contact Steve Hargadon at hargaon@gmail.com for details!

Thanks,

Lucy Gray

Conference Co-Chair 

This reply was deleted.