Actionable Innovations Global is a professional learning community where participants explore innovation in education. Every week we meet to discuss trends in education and invite inspiring guests to join us and share their work. Parents, educators, students, and others interested in improving teaching and learning are always welcome.
Do you remember the Global Education Conference and Network from 2010-2019? We're bringing it back! We are launching a new global education conference with new leadership and support from World Savvy, and you are invited to come to learn about it!
On August 8th, we will be hosting an informational session for those interested in presenting and attending the Global Learning for an Open World (GLOW) Conference scheduled for November 18-19, 2022, during International Education Week.
The goals of the conference are:
- Convene a vibrant global community of educational practitioners at all levels interested in experiential learning and the development of global competencies;
- Provide educators with accessible, high-quality professional learning experiences and inspire creative educational innovation;
- Showcase engaging, innovative practices in experiential and global learning and highlight practical, actionable methods for implementing these educational approaches with learners;
- Provide a forum for discussion of methods, goals, and learning theories related to experiential and global learning and to open opportunities for collaborative research and exploration of emerging methods, goals, and learning theories;
- Connect educators and schools with forward-thinking colleagues and organizations for ongoing support and collaboration.
Actionable Innovations Global and World Savvy representatives will share details regarding the new conference structure, proposal process, and partnership program during this informational session. Additionally, we will cover session design best practices and the concept of global competence, which is core to our work.