Co-Chair

Hi Everyone -

Steve and I are beginning to work on the keynote program for the upcoming conference. We are changing a few things this year in that keynote addresses will be invite only. We anticipate that there will be 10 or so keynote slots. 

Non-profit and for profit entities will have opportunities for spotlighted sessions, and more details regarding this will be forthcoming. 

In the meantime, who would you like to see keynote at our November event? We're looking for experienced and visionary thought leaders who can inspire us to think and act globally and who have made a significant impact in their field.  If you have ideas, send me a message here or respond in the comments. 

The information I need is:

Potential Keynote Name:

Title:

Email Address:

Web Site:

Your reasons for recommending this speaker:

Do you personally know this person and could recruit them for the 2011 conference?

If you have any questions, please let me know. I have asked a few people already, but I'm looking forward to your suggestions! If qualified keynotes cannot be accomodated this year, we'll definitely consider them for next year's event.

Attached is a press release if you want to forward it on to people. 

More later,

Lucy Gray

GlobalEdCon11.docx

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Potential Keynote Name: Dr. Fazal Rizvi

Title: Professor in Global Studies in Education, Melbourne Graduate School of Education

Email Address: frizvi@unimelb.edu.au

Web Site: http://www.edfac.unimelb.edu.au/cgi-bin/public/staff_profile.cgi?id...

Your reasons for recommending this speaker: I know him well, he is the person who created the Global Studies in Education Online Masters Program at UIUC, and I worked with him throughout. He is a brilliant speaker. 

Do you personally know this person and could recruit them for the 2011 conference? Very well and I would be happy to.

• i'd like to recommend Manish Jain. he's in India.. focus on self-directed learning, preserving the culture of a culture, and the culture of a person.

he was featured in Carol Black's incredible documentary - Schooling the World.. it would be lovely to have her or feature her film as well.

thanks for all you are doing with this conference guys...

• Co-Chair

Monika, do you have contact info for this people or do you know them personally?

Lucy

• Yong Zhao would be great. He has spoken several times for our New Literacies Teacher Leader Institute and folks loved him.
  • Lucy, although Carol Anne's work has involved technology as a vehicle for communication, it seems to me that her story of how "border agnostic" projects can be built and carried out.  Plus, I think a bonus would be an interactive discussion about how children function when connecting visually (and via collaborative projects) with peers in other lands.

Potential Keynote Name:  Carol Anne McGuire

Title:  Rock Our World, No Matter Who, When, or Where You Are

Email Address: rockourworld@mac.com

Web Site:  http://www.rockourworld.org

Your reasons for recommending this speaker:  Carol Anne has created and sustained a very successful global project involving students and subject matter experts from almost every continent.  Her project, "Rock Our World," has inspired hundreds of educators and thousands of students in every corner of this world.

The advantages of learning about Rock Our World are practically innumerable.  I can envision that, when educators learn of this project and all the ancillary activities, they can hardly wait to engage their students in deep participation.

Without a doubt, if/when this concept is discussed via the Global Education Conference, we all will gain a broadly expanded understanding of global collaboration.

Do you personally know this person and could recruit them for the 2011 conference? Yes.  Easy!

• Dr Ettie Zilber

Head of School, Beijing BISS International School, China

Author of Third Culture kids: The children of educators in international schools

See her interview on Beijing radio last year.

Contact through Julie Lindsay or email ezilber@biss.com.cn

• Hi Lucy Gray,

I want to take part at your conference to develop the topic around the risk of the pedagogical content targeting pupils. I've a ready conference that I've developed it to the WSIS (World Summit Information Society, last may in Geneva), please let me know if you are interested by this subject.

Cordially

Mohamed SAAD LAIB

International expert in IT

• Co-Chair

Hi Mohamed -

Thanks for your interest. I'm not sure exactly what "risk of the pedagogical content targeting pupils" means. Can you explain this a bit further?

Lucy

• Hi Lucy,

The online pedagogical content are not always safe and trusty, Generally parents are confident regarding pedagogical content mainly regarding content and who is near it. There is no strategy or any awareness program to protect the educational content against any malicious action, I'm ready to sendyou further details if you want.

Mohamed

• Co-Chair

So this is about internet safety and digital citizenship? I'm sure this is very useful and needed information, but this conference is not focused on technology.

Our mission is provide opportunities for others to learn about global collaborative projects and social justice issues. If you can situate your content in terms of developing global competency and awareness in teachers and students, then it might make a suitable general  session, rather than a keynote.

Please read my tips for successful conference presentation proposals. Also, review current proposals to get an idea of appropriate topics. 

We appreciate your interest! 

Lucy

This reply was deleted.