Thursday, November 16th, is day four of the eighth annual Global Education Conference. This is our final day of sessions and keynotes!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Responses to Tuesday's Sessions:
  • "Powerful to see the great work young people are doing to create social change. It is so important that they have a platform like GEC to share about their world, their reality, their ideas."
  • "Easy to listen and learn."
  • "I loved this session! Anne was an incredible facilitator and got many of us involved directly."
  • "AWESOME!"
  • "It is wonderful."
  • "Eye-opener."
  • "Excellent"
  • "I'm so grateful for all the presenters shared."
  • "Very interesting, will watch it again later."
  • "Wonderful event that brings together educators (including aspiring educators!) at all levels to learn with and from one another."
  • "Wonderful. Thank you!"
  • "It was inspiring."
  • "A great event all educators can benefit from."
  • "I think is a great effort to have this Global Conference to connect a great community of leaders and teachers around the globe."
  • "I was very energized when I saw two loving former teachers join my session. Who knew life would bring us together in a GEC? Now we are planning projects together to change the world... it´s an incredible platform!"

The list of today's sessions, in US-Eastern Standard Time, is below. To see the the full conference schedule in your own time zone, with the direct links to session rooms, REGISTER NOW (free)--or, if registered, check your conference email confirmation. 

Want to volunteer to help moderate sessions? It's not too late! Sign up and information here. It's a ton of fun, you'll be doing some good, and you'll have the undying gratitude of the conference organizers!

Thursday, November 16th
(US-Eastern Time)

12:00 am
  • Flipped Learning in L2: How to Encourage Cross-Cultural Critical Thinking to Teach Global Problem-Solving Skills - Birgit A. Jensen
3:00 am
  • Green Digital Footprints - Sebastian Panakal, Sophia T Pascal, Mertle Williams, Sunitha, Nisa
6:00 am
  • Amplifying Student Voices Globally Via the Our Global Classroom What If Grid. - Bronwyn Joyce
  • Connected Learning Activities through Social Service - Sebastian Panakal, Gladwin Xavier, Muhammed Fardeen, Muhammed Mufsal, Sophia T Pascal
  • High Quality Career Counselling as a Push for the Global Development – presenting best practices from the Erasmus+ Career Tree Project - Grzegorz Kata, PhD. with Robert Porzak, PhD and Jacek Łukasiewicz, PhD
7:00 am
  • Intercultural Competence - Shawn Simpson
8:00 am
  • A Joined Up Approach to Education and Learning - Christine Farrell
  • Global Project-Based Learning with iEARN: Sharing Impact and Opportunities - Jennifer Russell, Allan Kakinda, Hela Nafti
  • Preparing Teachers for Global Learning and Collaboration - Linda Haynes
  • University-Industry Collaboration in Vietnam: When the boss says Jump, you say Why? - Dr. Thi Tuyet Tran
9:00 am
  • Connecting through Architecture: Minecraft in the Language Classroom - Kathleen Reardon
  • Quality Education through technology - Goal 4: Sustainable Development - Sara Abou Afach
  • The Kidlink Global projects.Perspectives and horizons for close cooperation. - Lusine Jhangirian
10:00 am
  • KEYNOTE: Dr. Jennifer Williams, Director of Education Strategy, Participate
11:00 am
  • La acción tutorial en la educación virtual: funciones y responsabilidades - Lic. Gustavo Beltrami
  • Social Leadership Class Project - Arlette Audiffred Hinojosa
  • Student driven eco-initiatives towards UN's SDGs - a case study of our GGPC grant winning entry - Ms. Kamal Preet, Ms. Anitha Bijesh
  • Utilizing School-Based Virtual Field Trips for Global Learning - Dr. Stacy Delacruz
12:00 pm
  • E.I. and Humanitarianism in Classrooms - 21st Century Learning and Citizenship Essentials - Sania Green-Reynolds
  • Mobilizing Student Voice through Global Discussions with a Real-World Impact with WorldVuze - Julia Coburn
  • Scaling Global Competency Education - Delna Weil
  • Teach-The-World Foundation: A Call to Action To Eradicate Illiteracy Around The World - Robert Torres, PhD
1:00 pm
  • KEYNOTE: David Bornstein, Co-Founder + CEO, Solutions Journalism Network
2:00 pm
  • Digital media education for digital higher educated students - Laura Malita
  • Immerse Yourself in the German Culture For Free by Volunteering in Germany or Austria - Birgit A. Jensen
  • Practice Active Global Citizenship with the K-12 Global Art Exchange - Paul Hurteau
3:00 pm
  • Educational Diplomacy with High School Students - David Angwenyi, Ph.D, Lea Hopkins
  • Lidrazgo para el Desarrollo Social - Arlette Audiffred Hinojosa
  • Tutoring Students Online to Promote Universal Access to a Quality Education - Kasey Beck, Ed Gragert, Adriana Vilela

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –