Hi all, Someone recently asked me what my educated quess would be for the following questions: What percentage of teachers/schools around the world are aware of online collaborative teaching and learning? What percentage of teachers/schools are engaged in online collaborative projects? Which are the most active countries in online project-based learning? I really did not know what to say. Our iEARN Network has over 25,000 teachers from over 150 countries but even with those figures do not know how many are doing active online collaboration or how those figures relate to all the teachers in the world. I know there are many different projects that encourage collaboration. Do any of you have any good educated quesses or know where to find some sort of statistics that could be used? Thank you for your help! Diane

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Diane,

Increasingly, organizations are adopting online learning as teh main delivery methos to train employees (Simmons, 2002).

At the same time, educational institutes are moving towards the use of the internet for delivery, both on campus and at a distance.

For learners, online learning knows no time zones, location and distance are not an issue.

I have to rush off to a meeting, more comments will be posted later.

Kerishma
This reply was deleted.