Replies

• Hi, I just returned from the Summer Institute for Intercultural Communication in Portland, Oregon and there were two faculty members that gave evening presentations on just this subject. I'd like to confirm with the teachers, before I share their email addresses with you.
  • Global Kids and Unicef have a fantastic island in Second Life and are undergoing a major project now with TakingItGlobal to increase a global youth presence in Second Life funded by MacArthur Digital Learning Initiative http://www.holymeatballs.org/second_life/
    Mindy
  • Hi, I'm still fairly new to SL, working in it about 6 weeks now. I am an ISTE member and go to their functions and islands mostly, along with some librarian functions. I am beginning to work with Yahoo! Teachers to explore setting something up soon in SL also. You can find me in SL under the name "Licenciada Saunders". I am a male, and I know, I know, it is the female gender first name, but it was a typo I made on my SL birth certificate and I had already paid my money before I noticed it *:-( Kinda like the Johnny Cash song "A Boy named Sue" *:-) Have fun *:-)
  • What a great question. I was happy also to read Lucy's reply. I'm going to follow up on that but I'd love it if you'd also continue to blog about what you learn as you explore this question. I've played a little with 2nd life, mostly just learning how to move, fly, dress and communicate so far, but I'm doing it because I do see potential here for much, much more. There is a knowschool course coming up soon with Grant Potter where he will be walking participants through a second go at second life. He may know much more too about what is going on educationally, particularly with respect to global ed in second life.
  • Co-Chair
    Contact Westley Field who is a member of this Ning. His school in Australia has purchased their own island for students. He also blogs about it at a blog called Skoolaborate.
This reply was deleted.