Green School Activites

Green School Supporters is made of up educators who want to involve students in being environmental stewards. At present our work is to publish information about green K-12 school projects/activities in classes and on K-12 campuses around the globe. By getting this information out on the airwaves we will build momentum in the public eye. Our goal is to educate everyone on the value and benefits of including environmental education. One activity I'm doing at my high school is sponsoring a recycling club that students create, run, and manage. From our club doing this for the past two years on our campus, this year we have three additional schools in the district setting up recycle clubs. When teachers and students find out what is going on they want to participate. Feel free to join Green School Supporters and make a contribution.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One of our iEARN schools has a project called Green Ribbon Schools. Students are discussion criteria. There description is "The Green Ribbon School Pilot Project gives students the opportunity to assess the “greenness” of the environments in which they spend many hours of the week - their schools. This is the second phase in the development of a program (The Green Ribbon School Award) to recognize schools worldwide which meet certain environmental standards. The goal of the project for this year is to determine (through the input of participating schools) whether the criteria developed by middle school students during the 2006-07 school year are all inclusive and yet attainable by schools throughout the world. Participating schools will: • critique their school’s greenness using the criteria guidelines provided • suggest additional criteria they think should be included • identify, implement, and report on at least one change they(as students) can make in their school to fulfill one of the criteria listed • be the first to be notified when the Green Ribbon School Award Program is officially launched and ready to evaluate schools for the award. You can see their web page at http://www.stjohnsschool.org/global-01.php You can get a school profile to see how your school is doing.
This reply was deleted.