U.S. - Middle East secondary schools

Hello. I am curious to know if any members are from a secondary school in the Middle East. A history teacher would like to arrange for communication between her students (age 17-18) with students of similar age in the Middle East. Any ideas or possibilities is appreciated! The students are in school until June. The goal would be to communicate for a couple of months, and students would be more than welcome to continue to communicate. This would be through e-mail or blog.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Raquelle: I believe we are already having this discussion through Global Visits. Am I correct? I just do not want to mix up channels. I am an AMerican, but was a Fulbright Scholar in Lebanon three years ago. Have you heard from anyone yet re you inquiry? Linking classrooms between the US and the Middle EAst is so important. I was also a visiting professor the year in Central Asia, and considering the recent events in Georgia -- one part of the Soviet Union and connected also to Central Asia -- linkages there are critical as well. Language might be a barrier, as it might be as well in the Middle East.

Betty
  • Hi. I am new to this network, and on my profile talk about my non profit, Global Visits. While a Fulbright Scholar in Beirut Lebanon, I met with the headmaster of a private academy in Beirut who might be interested in having his students collaborate. Please contact me via our web site at www.globalvisits.com.

Thanks and I hope to be talking with you soon.

Betty Tonsing
This reply was deleted.