I am a technology teacher in a K-5 school in Long Island, NY. I would like to prepare collaborations for next school year, once we get started it is sooo busy. If anyone would like to plan some connections for the next school year over the summer, I will be checking in. We have already done several using Video Conferencing ISDN. Next year I will be IP. We also have a webcam and have used SKYPE to connect. Looking forward to sharing with classrooms all over the world!!

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am interested. I teach K. SKYPE could work but digital images or short video clips work as well. Interested in sharing local environment or cultures.
  • Sounds great Maria. I am a grade 7/8 teacher in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. You don't know of any middle years teachers/students in your division who would be looking to "connect" with students up here in Canada? I am new to this site and am slowly becoming more technologically literate. We have a smart board in our classroom and have used podcasts, photostories, wikis and blogs a lot in our classroom pursuits. Hoping to utilize Skype this year to connect with students and teachers around the globe.

Thanks so much,
    Jason Hill (hilljw@shaw.ca, hillj@spsd.sk.ca)
  • Yes, Yes.

SKYPE classroom buddies needed for ALL of my 3rd 4th 5th grade teachers (6 classes in each grade),... math, lit circles, and science sharing. Please pass on!
    • I have a third grade class that would LOVE to be involved. Let me know! :)
  • Hi. I have a pretty broad experience with this sort of thing. I teach third grade in Kensington, Maryland which is just outside of Washington D.C. Last year, I helped second graders create connections through Nings and I would be interested in doing more. Please let me know if you're interested.
    Thanks,
    Allison
  • Hello Maria - we are a k-8 school, we are developing a project for our multiage class (6-8 year olds) about islands around the world - we have some global partners lined up, would you be interested?
    • Yes! I would love to participate. Where are you located?
      • Martha's Vineyard, MA
        I have learning partners in Iceland, Azores, Ireland, New Zealand, Hawaii, Puerto Rico - looking for Asian partner (have leads in Singapore + Japan) and Africa. This is a multiage class project, 6-8 year olds.
  • Projects? You bet... I am a teacher from Bellingham Washington.... we do BLOGS and Wikis not sure that we have SKYPE.
    Carolyn Hinshaw
    5th grade teacher
    • We have a webcam, inexpensive device $40 where we can download SKYPE which is a free download and you can use it as a platform to see each other and have discussions. We recently did a conversation with one of my 3rd grade classes and a student working in the capitol building in the House of Reps and we discussed the branches of government. We displayed the picture on the wall for all to see and it was very exciting!! Maybe we can set something up? We are currently blocked from Blogs and Wikis. Working on that....
This reply was deleted.