Music Teachers 2.0?

Hello All. I am curious to know if general/choral music educators in your schools are using technology in the classroom and if so, how? I most often see evidence of technology, primarily music software and applications, in the middle-high school level, but do not see a lot of use in the elementary/primary grades. How are your music educators addressing the need to teach in a global and tech savvy environment? Have a super day!

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm a formally trained classical guitarist. At university we had a very nice computer lab that was used at all levels. My freshman year it was used in conjunction with music theory and ear training. At higher levels it was used for composition and production classes. I think music is one of the few subjects that has a really comprehensive list of software applications for all levels of music development.

However, if you're looking for tools for very young children I think the generaly consensus is that they are better of singing, playing instruments, and playing musical games if they aren't in an extremely formal environment. However, I have met some children that do very well with even the introductory level software applications used at the university level. It's all about how you apply the software.

In general you're right. I don't think that there is music education software out there that is designed for k-5 children. Nothing that I've heard of anyway.
This reply was deleted.