Please join me for the next cohort of TIGed's newest e-course offering, "Project-Based Learning for Global Citizenship," beginning on Wednesday, February 8, 2012. This accredited e-course is designed to develop teachers' knowledge and understanding of global project-based learning under the framework of global citizenship education. With online lectures in real time once a week, and using a TIGed virtual classroom for between-class engagement and resource sharing, we will explore why global citizenship education is so vital currently, and how project-based learning and e-technologies can help you to bring the world into the classroom. This five-week course is tailored to suit to diverse needs of educators from around the world, with personalized assignments that are directly transferable into participating educators' teaching practice.

Through this e-course, participants will:

Explore pedagogies behind authentic, transformative approaches to global citizenship education and project-based global learning;

Understand how to utilize theme-based and interdisciplinary approaches that enrich students' experiences and help to connect human challenges across the globe;

Learn about examples of effective global learning projects and explore what makes them successful;

Learn how to utilize solutions-driven and student-driven approaches to project-based global learning;

Explore ways to connect global projects to traditional educational benchmarks in creative ways.

Explore how to recruit and work with partners in the development and implementation of global learning projects;

Learn how to apply online tools and resources, such as those offered through TIG and TIGed, to humanize the study of global issues, empower students as active learners, build global citizenship, and reinforce 21st Century Skills;

tiged-pd-onepager-final.pdf

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What is the price of your course?

• Hi Carla--thanks for asking.  Those kinds of details are all on the TIGed website at pd.tiged.org, but to give you the prices--the full course (4 classes and one final presentation session) costs $249 for an individual, and then we offer discounts for groups from one school (3 teachers = $675/10% off -- 5 teachers = $999/20% off).

We'd love to have you in the upcoming cohort, which I know already includes several teachers from Australia.  Let me know if you have other questions!

Jennifer

This reply was deleted.