Hello- Our school, Bel Aire School in Tiburon, California USA, is planning an assembly to watch the Obama Presidential Inauguration LIVE. This is broadcast at 9AM PST (12PM EST). We are setting up our multipurpose room with 3 projectors and a large television. On the projectors, we were hoping to flash to other schools also celebrating the event in some way, or just watching along with the rest of the world. We want to show our students that other schools around the US (and the world) are "tuning in" at the same time for this historic event. If you are interested in being part of our celebration via iChatAV or Skype, please contact me ASAP. Other video conferencing types may be an option....let me know your ideas. lmustille@marin.k12.ca.us Thanks, Lori Mustille Technology Facilitator Bel Aire School Tiburon,California, USA

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well look who else is here!!! We showed the speech as well. My K. class loved it and wrote about it afterwards. Aretha Franklin's hat was a big success with them.
  • Hi Lori,

My students in Montreal Canada will be liveblogging in either chatzy or cover it live with a school in California between 11:30-12:30 EST. I don't have the exact details yet where, but will keep you posted, if you are interested. Video will not be an option, unfortunately. We will be watching the inauguration over cable connection with a wireless internet connection and laptops. I have several grade 7 and 8 students participating.

Sharon Peters (The Study, Montreal)
  • Co-Chair
    Okay, I am now slightly organized about the inauguration. Here is a web site that I am building to house our activities. There should be a lot more content in the next week. I'd love for grown ups and kids around the world to comment in our blog where I've created several writing prompts. Adults should sign their posts with full names, locations and school name. Kids should just sign their posts with initials and/or location. Also feel free to add locations to our Google Map.

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/nkoinauguration.

During the afternoon of the inauguration, we'd love to do a video chat with classrooms around the world or country to discuss the inauguration. We're flexible with time, but our kids are let out from school around 3 PM Central. Maybe we could do a presidential trivia contest via iChat or have kids respond to questions we've come up with ahead of time.

Anyone up for collaborating?
    • A post by elmenous (Lucy Gray's) on twitter brought me here. (I'm BillCamp on twitter.) Since we are doing a full court press here and all students grades PK-12 will be watching at least some of the inauguration, I ran it by our Lower School (PK-5) principal who immediately hooked me up with a first grade teacher. She is very interested in her class participating in a video chat about the inauguration. We are located in Englewood, NJ, right outside of New York City. This would be something new for us, but I've used Skype a bit and am not concerned about setting up the tech side.

1:30 PM Eastern would be a good time for us, but we can be somewhat flexible either earlier or later up until about 2:15 PM.

What is the next step to get this going?
    • Lucy the web site looks great! The children's podcasts are wonderful. I would love for my K - 5 students a Mitchell Elementary in Gadsden, AL to participate.
  • I would like to particpate if you are still interested. I am the computer teacher at a K-5 school in Gadsden, AL. Here is a link to our school's web site. http://web.me.com/ramitchellelementary/R.A._Mitchell_Elementary/Wel...
  • Co-Chair
    It would be interesting to see if schools from other countries would be interested in participating in a discussion in order to compare and contrast political systems etc. I also get the sense that there's a great deal of interest in Obama around the world and this might lead to some potential collaboration. When I was in Singapore recently, there was such enthusiasm and hope about Obama!

We should know more about what we are doing in the next week and I'll post here some opportunities for collaboration perhaps. I know we are going to watch it as a school for sure. I'm planning on producing some presidential trivia activities using our Senteo clickers and helping our kindergarten and first grade teachers use Photobooth to film their students talking about Martin Luther King's and Obama's dreams.
This reply was deleted.