Hello, I am trying to put together a collaborative project that connects young kids around the world. Our project will be based on children connecting and sharing globally across the curriculum (art, music, literature, dance/movement) using audio, visual and web conferencing technology tools. This project will demonstrate how a US classroom could interact with classrooms around the world to show and share information and ideas while learning new technologies and new ways to process information. Using resources such as e-pals, students and teachers will be able to reach audiences that they can compare, contrast, learn and share experiences with across the curriculum. This is an opportunity for students to implement technology and ideas in all learning environments just outside of the classroom, this is also an opportunity to connect with special subject teachers to link to the classroom.

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can use technology to do this in many different ways. For example, a chat room you create, a virtual world you create, or presentations you create together on line. You can find teh free tools listed on my blog at ..... this location.
  • Hello,

My name is David and I am currently teaching in Japan as an assistant language teacher. I work with highly motivated teachers who wish to teach English and also provide students with a better understanding of cultures around the world. The teachers and I have been working collaboratively to introduce a new type of curriculum to the students. This would entail a more interactive approach by using tools such as the internet, webcams and video conferencing. To give you a better understanding of what our school is like, please refer to the following:

* The school is located in the Kita-Kyushu area in Fukuoka Japan.
    * It is a Junior high school, with about ten English classes and about 30 students per class.
    * The students age ranges from 12-15
    * Our school year will begin in April 2008.

Our hope is that we can have a year long partnership with your school (as of now). Please look at this as an opportunity for your students to have a outside look of other cultures and to maybe learn some simple Japanese. If you have any questions or inquiries please dont hesitate to email me at vuongo@fastmail.co.us.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
    • Hi David,
      I teach Japanese language to 6th and 8th graders and would love to do a video conference activity with your students. I am also very interested in having my students connect with students in Japan via webcam. video conferencing, etc.
      I hope we will be able to work together on other collaborative projects this year too!
      I hope to hear back from you!

Melvina
    • Hello David,
      I am looking for classes to join me on one of the two ning networks that I created for this.The first one is for 11 to 13 year olds. At the moment it is Holland, Israel and Kenya working but there ils always room for one more.

I also have a network for 13 to 16 year olds. We are collaborating with a class in Israel on a poetry project and would love to have some more people join us. You could also join in without taking part in the poetry project. please let me know if you are interested.

AnnemiekeKes
      • Hi
        I teach 11 - 13 year olds in New Zealand. I am really keen to have them involved in a collaborative project. Can you let me know a bit more about the ning network you have created?

Lynne Crowe
        http://room3tai.edublogs.org
        • Dear Lynne

Greetings!

We, Rukmini Devi Public School (RDPS), are one of the premier educational institutes in North-West Delhi, India, imparting quality education to children up to 10 + 2 level. We aim to provide our students and staff an opportunity to enrich their international understanding and awareness of sharing common values and make them better citizens of the Global Village. We continuously motivate our students to connect with the schools abroad so that they can express and discuss their ideas, exercises and opinions with other fellow students.

We have about 160 students (13-15 age group), who have interest in various such collaborative projects, both online and through email. Our academic session is from April to March with summer vacation from 2nd week of May to June. We are looking for students from different countries to exchange views on culture, history, traditions, food, schools, family life, sports, geography and hobbies with our students.

Kindly let us know your interest in these activities along with your school profile.

To know more about us you can log on to our website www.rdpschool.com.

Warm regards,
          Ms. Shilpa Khanna
          Projects Coordinator
          Rukmini Devi Public School
          Email: shilpa.rdps@gaggle.net
        • Hi Lynne,

great to hear from you. Could you send an e-mail address then I will send you an invitation to join the network I created for the 11 to 13 year olds. So you can look around and see if this is something you like. For the moment it is mostly social interaction. But maybe we could use it for a theme as well . Maybe they could share what a day in school is like with video pictures etc.
          or anything you think might be worthwhile. my e-mail address is a.m.kes@schravenlant.nl
          Annemieke Kes
    • Hello David,
      I was wondering if your students would like to create a video of some sort describing your culture for my 1st grade students. They could also create a video for you about our culture. I am working on a project where they will learn about common things from your country like school, foods, clothing, celebrations, music, sports, and places to visit. We end the school year in June but our students would love to hear from students in Japan. Please e-mail me at tjpolis@gmail.com if you can do this with us.

Thanks, Teri
    • Hi David,

I just joined the Global Education Collaborative and I saw your post. I teach sixth grade in Atlanta, Georgia, and my students have just studied Japan. I was hoping for them to connect with students in Japan to make their studies more meaningful. I see that your school year starts in April; our class will be in session throughout April and May. Unfortunately, we would not be able to establish a yearlong connection, but if you were interested, we would love to make some contact. My kids (3 classes of 15) are interested in earning about culture, daily life, and historical influences on present day. We are set up to communicate in a variety of ways, and we would be happy to provide insight into life in the southern United States.

Please let me know if this is something that you might be up for doing and we can talk more about details.

Thanks David,

Marilyn Bauer
This reply was deleted.