I would love join or help start a project. I want to involve my middle schoolers in a project that will involve them collaborating with others and creating something? videos, wikis, blogs....???????

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kimberly,

I've just joined the Globaled conference and will be a presenter for 2015. I just noticed the date of your message, and so don't know if you're still interested global projects. Are you still involved with middle school aged children.

If so, please email me at gheller1127@gmail.com. Love to talk with you.

Ginger Heller

• I teach 7th Grade Social Studies. In Ohio that is early civiliztions to exploration. I am very interested in doing a project.
  • Hi Kim,
    You can go to the global citizen wikispace and request membership which will give you access. If you have difficulties there just email me at: kimberlybrown5@gmail.com with your email address and I'll send you an invite to the space.

I'll be working on future months' themes and will continue to add resource material and suggestions.

My students are back on Thursday. I think I'll ask a few of them to create an intro video to our class and school to add to our wiki page for the project.

take care,
    Kimberly
    • Kimberly,

Thanks for the quick response. I will go and sign up. My students start tomorrow but we won't have much time in the lab since we will be using them for testing for the first couple of weeks. I have started a wiki but I am at a stand still right now. Here is the address:
      http://bsstech.wikispaces.com/
      I will have them work on an intro video while we are out of our lab so it will be ready by the time we get back in!
      Thanks, I can't wait to start!
      Kim
      • I am sorry I haven't responded sooner. I've been out of state doing keynotes and professional development. I just returned.

I am not sure if you are still looking for projects. I have two.

1) Global Learning - Hook up with schools in other countries; learn about them, share information about your community. Each teacher designs a WEB page telling about their country, community, etc. The "partner" schools visit your WEB page, learn about your community & school, and take a scavenger hunt you prepare.
        2) There is a PORTAL PAGE to do collaborative projects.
        3) We use a lot of Google tools in our projects - Maps, Google Earth, Docs, etc .
        4) We especially use Docs to have students do collaborative projects.

(I still need to get the startup page finished so you can sign up)

Second Project below is ready for people to start joining:

Second Project: "Google Historical Events." Here's the overview:
        What historical event, explorer, voyage, or community history would you like to share with other schools? Have you studied the settlement history of your own community? Have you studied about your state or country and historical events that helped shape it?

This site is dedicated to the explorers, voyages, events, and historical backgrounds of countries throughout the World. We'd like to hear about famous explorers who surveyed or traveled through your community long ago. Perhaps you'd like to tell us about historical or catastrophic events that shaped your locale or region. Or, you may want to tell us how your community was founded, its historical background, early settlers. Every community, every town, every country has a past, and we'd like to hear about yours.

This project is open to schools all over the World. We invite a "global community" of schools to share this site with us. We can learn about each other's countries as we contribute to this site.

PLEASE NOTE: I'M STILL WORKING ON THIS SITE. IT'S NOT DONE. I'M ALSO GOING TO REVISE THE DIRECTIONS ON THE FIRST PAGE. THEY ARE TOO CUMBERSOME.

IF YOU WANT TO JOIN THE 2ND ONE I'VE LISTED, CONTACT INFO IS ON THE PAGE WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE URL BELOW.

http://homepage.mac.com/larow2/Sites/Voyages/index.html
  • I'm organizing a new collaborative project to develop global citizenship; http://globalcitizens1.wikispaces.com/
    I teach a grade 6 & 7 class in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. My class is always interested in new opportunities to collaborate.

kimberlybrown5@gmail.com
    classblog: http://www.classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=73127

Kimberly
    • Kimberly,

I would love to be involved with your global citizenship project. I will be teaching 6th and 8th grades. My partner will have the 7th. What can I do to sign up!
      Thanks for responding:)
      Kim
  • Hi Carol,

I just thought I would check in and see how your project is comming along. We will be starting school next week and I am still interested in hearing more about your project:)
    Kim
  • Kathy,

Thanks for the information. I quickly glanced at it, it looks really good. I think it would be a good starting point. I'll let you know what else I come up with.
    Kim
    • Please keep me in mind. Thanks! Kathy
This reply was deleted.