Film Reviews using web2.0

Hi All, I've decided to do something fun for my Y8 students (12-13 year olds). If you would like some of your students have a go, you'd be welcome to join us. I've created an online survey asking students to say which is their favourite film and another film they would recommend (Cert 12a or less!). I've also created 3 blog posts on different film genres so that students can discuss their favourite films by contributing comments. All comments are moderated by me before they are posted live. On 16/6 I'll download the .csv file of the survey and create an activity to introduce students to searching a database. They should be able to find out which was the most popular film and what likeminded reviewers recommend as other films to view. We'll also have a go at creating film review audio podcasts and post them up somewhere for other students to download. I'm a complete newbie at using Audacity, but will try to create a lesson to do this in a couple of weeks. I've put the first couple of lessons and links to all the resources at www.film7.notlong.com If you'd like your students to take part and want more info, email me via ning. Thanks Alex

You need to be a member of Actionable Innovations Global to add comments!

Join Actionable Innovations Global

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've got a web application I'm working on that you might also want to check out. I've uploaded several movie reviews and there's a social networking component to it as well. I definitely think it is something you might want to integrate into your classroom. I posted a blog that talks about it in more detail on my page here.
  • Alex,
    Love this idea. In the fall when school starts up again. I will show this site to teachers here in San Antonio ISD,Texas,USA. Everyone here is looking for ways to motivate students to write,what better way than to share their review of films. I know I have at least a 6th and 5th and 4th grade class that would love to participate.
    Thanks,
    Sue Harris
    • Hi Sue
      The site will stay up all year, so you are very welcome to visit. If I can help in any way ,just let me know.
      Thanks
      Alex
      • Hi alex i have been exploring the blog. Can you add australia to the country fields and can we start adding to the blog from here?
This reply was deleted.